Preventive Dental Care Pays
Our emphasis is on prevention!
After the initial dental work has been completed, we have often found that those patients who return to us for regular checkups and follow our recommendations, remain 90% "CAVITY FREE".
Our prevention program includes:
- Elimination of harmful infant feeding practices such as sleeping with the bottle or prolonged nursing which can cause extensive tooth decay
- Introduction of proper brushing and flossing techniques
- Nutritional counseling to reduce the amount of sweets consumed by the child to promote a healthy diet
- Application of fluoride in the office and also, if necessary at home
- Application of sealants (clear plastic material that is applied to the chewing surfaces of the teeth) to protect teeth from developing cavities
Office Policies and Further Information
Who Can Accompany Your Child?
A parent or legal guardian must accompany the child to the first visit. A photo ID for the parent/guardian is also required during this visit. After the initial visit, if a grandparent or someone other than parent/legal guardian is accompanying the child, they must bring a note from the parent/legal guardian granting the accompanying adult permission to make medical and financial decisions.
10 Minute Late Policy
In order for us to effectively serve all of our patients, anyone who is 10 or more minutes late for their appointment will be rescheduled.
Please click the following links for more information.